Possible saving on Garbage Tax (Tariffa Rifiuti) for Congregations
The municipal garbage tax (Tariffa Rifiuti or Ta.Ri.) is applied by the Municipality of Rome also to non-profit organizations such as Religious Congregations.
This tax is calculated on the basis of, inter alia, the property area and certain subjective characteristics of the entity holding the property.
Dikaios can help you assess whether the tax applied to your property is correct and, should this not be the case, can assist you in the administrative procedure for a new determination of the tax amount as well as in the procedure to regularise your situation with retroactive effect.
It often happens that the tax is calculated on the basis of wrong data or subjective characteristics of the entity holding the property (e.g.,: an area greater than the actual property area; or where the use of the property has been modified from school to convent etc.).
Such regularisation may result in important savings for the Congregation.
Let’s make an example:
- Yearly Ta.Ri. amount prior to the assessment: € 10,000
- Yearly Ta.Ri. amount after the assessment: € 9,000
- Yearly savings: € 1,000.00
- Let’s say that the discount applies also to the previous years, from 2012 on. As a consequence, there will be savings also for such years:
- Reimbursement for 2012 (€ 1,000.00)
- Reimbursement for 2013 (€ 1,000.00)
- Reimbursement for 2014 (€ 1,000.00)
- € 3,000.00 for overall reimbursement related to previous years + € 1,000.00 for savings related to the first year of application of the new tax amount (2015) = € 4,000.00
In case of savings (since the tax amount should have been lower), the fees charged by the expert helping us in the new determination and the administrative procedure will be equal to a portion of the savings achieved for the current and foregoing years.
If, on the contrary, the tax amount is correct (and hence no savings will be achieved), the expert will charge only a limited amount of fees.
Contact us if you wish to find out whether your Congregation is eligible for a discount on the municipal garbage tax and we will assist you in the entire procedure.
Email: email@example.com — Telephone: +39 06 3671 2232.